Basic Photo Editing Tips
Looking for basic photo editing tips? Hoping to gain some knowledge of photo editing basics? You’re in the right place!
This page hosts a growing number of tutorials to help you learn photo editing basics.
Even the most basic photo editing tips can transform your photos from boring to beautiful!
Basic Photo Editing Tips For Beginners: Table of Contents
Photo Editing 101
Basic Photo Editing Tips
Video Tutorial: How To Correct White Balance in Lightroom
One of the most basic photo editing tips every beginner should learn is how to correct white balance in Lightroom. This post has a video tutorial at the end demonstrating how to correct your white balance using the white balance dropper, white balance presets, and the temperature and tint sliders.
Watch This Lightroom Spot Removal Tool Tutorial
- How to find the Lightroom spot removal shortcut on your keyboard
- The difference between heal v. clone in Lightroom
- A video tutorial on how to remove distractions in Lightroom
Watch This Video Tutorial: How To Correct Exposure In Lightroom
You’ll learn how to use Lightroom highlight and clipping alerts to correct your exposure and how to fix overexposed photos in Lightroom.
Watch This Video Tutorial: How To Edit Greens In Lightroom
Do the greens in your photos sometimes look more yellow than green? Lightroom has a simple fix! Read this post and watch the video tutorial on how to fix yellow grass in Lightroom using the green slider in the HSL panel or the adjustment brush.
Check out the Before and After:
Every new photographer should learn a few basic photo editing techniques.
This post will demonstrate four simple photo editing tips for beginners:
How to straighten your horizon line
How to crop your photo for better composition
How to correct your white balance
How to use radial filters to make your subject pop
Check out Four Easy Lightroom Photo Editing Techniques For Beginners.
“How To Capture and Edit” Tutorials:
How to capture and edit Sunset Silhouette Beach Photos
If you’re ready to get your photos organized and printed check out my ebook: Organize Your Photos Step By Step.
Calibrate Your Monitor
Before you start printing your photos you’ll want to make sure the color and brightness of your computer screen is accurate. Check out this detailed post with step by step instructions on How To Calibrate Your Monitor For Photography.
This post covers 3 steps to ensure your monitor color is accurate:
1. Ordering Test Prints: How and where to order test prints for comparison with your computer monitor, including what color space to use and what type of software you need.
2. Comparing Your Test Prints With Your Screen: Instructions on how to compare your test prints to your screen including considerations for the light around your computer. If you find your prints don’t match your screen, the next step is to use a monitor calibration tool.
3. Xrite Monitor Calibration Instructions: step by step instructions on how to adjust your screen’s brightness, temperature and tint with the X-rite iDisplay Pro monitor calibration tool.
Please be sure to pin this page to your photography board on Pinterest and check back often as I update it with new tutorials and tips!